Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's ugly...+11.6 pounds in five weeks

Weigh in 3/25/2009 :

Current weight: 166.4


Gained: +11.8

Total Lost: 72.8

Pounds to lose to goal: 31.4

I knew it would be bad, but I didn't know it was going to be THAT bad.

Last night's meeting was very different than my normal meeting, it was a smaller group and lower keyed. The person that weighed me was the leader. He was really nice and talked to me for ten minutes about what had happened and how I could get back on track. He also said I was still a superstar with a loss of 72.8 pounds. That made me smile.

After the meeting Phil talked to me again, impressing on me not to give up, that this was just a slight setback. It meant a lot to me that Phil gave me the attention and encouragement that I desperately needed after such a terrible gain.

My plan is very simple. Just do what I did faithfully for the first six months:

1. Track my Points
2. Stay within my daily Point range (20 + 4APs + 5 Flex = 29 Total)
3. Exercise 1 hour a day, 5 or 6 days a week (I've never stopped doing this)
4. Water, lots and lots of water
5. Vitamins
6. Healthy Eight Eating Guidelines
7. Weigh and measure everything I eat
8. ******* Don't miss a Weight Watcher meeting! *******

This isn't rocket science. It's really pretty basic. Any idiot should be able to do it. Even me.

When I got home last night I told my husband about my 11.6 pound gain, and how I was really mad at myself about it. This is what he said:

1. "You don't look any heavier at all."
2. "You've been lifting heavier weights, maybe it's muscle gain."
3. "It's probably water weight. We've eaten out a lot lately and they use a lot of salt."
4. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"


Honestly, he said that stuff. Bless his heart. I know the truth. I've been eating too much. Plain and simple.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As usual, you can read more about the marriage here.


7 comments:

Ron said...

Get back at it and that weight will be gone in no time!!

MizFit said...

your plan is spot on and you nailed it with the simple as well.
eat less.
move more.

hard to do but not complicated to lay out.

and ASK FOR HELP if you need thoughts or ideas or cheering onward.

Fatinah said...

haha - I fell off the couch when I read the title of your post because I didn't see the decimal point!!

all that matters now is that you stick to your plan and move forward. WHEN you loose a pound or two this week, don't negate it by saying, well, that's two pounds gone of the 11 I gained. I hate when people do that. Make this a truely fresh start and move forward from your already stunning 72.8 pound loss. 72.8 pounds. You are a ROCK STAR!!

ChristinaJane said...

Diana - I know this is only a temporary setback for you. I'm so glad you had a good leader and great support at home. Can't wait to see next week's number. Christina

TheHealthyFamily said...

You've got a great plan to get back on track. You can do it!

http://michelleuhrle-ftc.blogspot.com/

antgirl said...

You will do it. I believe that.

Wherever you find positive motivation, try dwelling on that until it fills you up. It's something I do. If I psyche myself up as to how wonderful it all is to do, eventually it became real. It helps me stick. :)

Graciela said...

I hope you are feeling better...your hubby sounds like a great guy. It is obvious he loves you.