Saturday's Weighin

I wanted this to be a postive post about my weight loss. But I looked at my weight loss chart at the Weight Watchers web site and got depressed about the whole thing. I mean, seriously, -1.4 average weekly weight loss during the past 60 weeks. It should be better. I know I'm being overly critical of myself, but I should be at goal by now. I can't figure out what's stopping me, other than me. Sometimes I wonder if maybe I don't really want to get to goal.



I hadn't weighed in since March 25, when I had gained 11.8 pounds. This is my loss for the past 18 days, not one week. So don't get too excited (although I did and was dancing around the room at Weight Watchers this morning).

Today's weight: 156.6

Pounds lost in last 18 days: -9.8

Pounds lost in last 424 days or
since 2/12/2008: -82.6


Am I happy? Yes, pretty happy. Could I be happier about my weight? Oh yes! Most definitely. I wish I weighed 135, my goal weight. That's another 21.6 pounds.

I'm happy I didn't go crazy while eating out and ordering room service. I'm a closet over eater and room service would have been perfect for me to overindulge. I knew I had to weigh in when I got back so that helped to keep me honest. Plus, believe it or not, I actually tracked everything I ate those four days, in the little paper journal. I was usually over 10-14 Points every day, but I still tracked it. That really helped.

Today's Weight Watcher meeting was one of the best I've ever been to, and it seemed to be aimed right towards me. It was a leader I don't usually go to, Janis, but I really like her. Maybe Saturday mornings will be my new meeting time.

Janis said there are three types of dieters:

1. Dietary Restraint - all or nothing. 100% willpower. Perfectionist. Great at losing weight, impossible to maintain weight loss. This is me!!!

2. Dietary Disinhibition - zero willpower. Don't follow anything. Throw out the baby with the bathwater. Can't lose weight. This is me too!!! When I gained my 100 pounds that was exactly me. I didn't even try to restrain myself. Ate whatever the hell I wanted. Gained 100 pounds in a year, after losing a hundred pounds in a year.

3. Flexible Restraint - livable limits. Have a treat now and then. Have willpower but not 100% all the time. No one can live like that and makes it impossible to maintain the weight loss. This is where I want to be. This is what I consider normal people who maintain a normal weight. I think I'm getting a handle on it.

I have a treat now and then, even stuff with sugar in it. At lunch in Miami, the waiter brought me a piece of German Chocolate Cake, compliments of the house (note to self, don't flirt with the waiter). It was really good and I ate three bites of it, then stopped. I offered it to the people with me, but they had already ordered desserts. I felt a tiny bit bad not eating it all, but I told the waiter I was really full (from that shrimp salad with three shrimp in it).

It was a really good Weight Watcher meeting, and I'm so glad I stayed. I always learn something when I stay (so why do I weigh in and then leave so often?). My new goal is to be flexible with myself, not so hard on myself, and to consistently attend meetings.

Comments

Congrats on the loss! Good luck with finding your middle ground, and awesome NSV (the sleeveless top is adorable by the way)!
Ron said…
Congrats on the nice loss!!!
ps: my average loss/wk is 0.8...your 1.4 is such a better number...
bbubblyb said…
Way to go on the great lose. I do think having the weekly accountability is a good thing, I know I count on TOPS to help keep me straight. Glad you got a good message from the meeting.

I seem to be all 3 of those type dieters at different times. I try my best to stay away from the second one though.

Hope you have a good week. I think -1.4 lbs average over 60 weeks is wonderful, slow and steady is the best way I think.
antgirl said…
Are you at a healthy weight though?

If you can feel balanced and are at a healthy weight, I define that as victory. You certainly look healthy in your pic. :)

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016