153.2 and I feel like hell

It's official, I'm into new fat territory.

5/3/2009 weigh-in: 153.2 pounds

Total lost: 86 pounds

Pounds to lose to 135 goal: 18.2 pounds

How I feel: Like crap

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me. I feel like I'm running on empty. I'm shaky and weak. If I bend over and stand up too fast I get dizzy and see stars. I've felt like this all week. What's wrong with me?

I've been over my bronchitis and coughing for at least a week. I'm completely off my codeine cough medicine. I'm taking my vitamins, eating all my Points (19 + 4 AP + 5 Flex...or 28 a day and sometimes more). I'm not starving myself, although I am very hungry. The only thing I'm doing differently is killing myself with the exercise.

Each day during the week I go to the gym, never later than 5:30am, and work out for 1 1/2 hours. At lunch I've been walking for an hour, as long as it's not pouring down rain. At night I do an hour bike ride as long as there's no rain (stupid Northwest weather). The walking and biking don't seem like exercise since they're fun.

On weekends I work out a little longer at the gym, yesterday my heart rate monitor said I burned 666 calories in one hour and forty minutes. I noticed the "666" and thought great, the mark of the devil. Whatever. My heart rate monitor always says about 1/2 of what the machines say so it's pretty accurate.

I just don't know know why I feel so weak and light headed. I told my husband this morning that if I'm late eating a meal I really feel like I'm going to pass out. The first thing I do when I get home from my morning workouts is make breakfast and God help you if you get between me and my food. Hint: stay out of the kitchen when I'm making breakfast.

My only hope is when I reach maintenance I can cut back a little on the exercise and maybe I won't feel so crappy. I really felt my best at 160. I felt healthy then. Now, not so much. Now I just feel tired and weak. Not muscular weak since I can military press 70 pounds, but a general weakness and exhaustion that I can't shake. Being thin isn't really my goal, feeling healthy is my goal. Whatever is wrong with me I sure hope it passes soon. Anyone else feel like this as they neared their goal weight? Does it eventually pass?

Comments

Anonymous said…
First off check your blood sugars--if they are to low you will feel like you are. Secondly go to your family doctor / nurse and tell them this -- this not something to play around with. Please take care of yourself.
Ida said…
I agree, you need to get checked out. It very well could be your blood sugar. Maybe you need to cut back on the exercise a touch.
Graciela said…
I think you need to cut down on the exercise. 2-1/2 hours a day seems like an awful lot, even if you are eating what may seem like an adequate amount of calories. With your stressful job schedule and just getting over being sick, I think you need to relax and take it easy.

If you felt good at 160, maybe that’s what you should weigh.

If you Google the words “University of Virginia Women's Health October 2003” the first thing that will come up is an article which you may find interesting. Please understand I’m not saying you have this, but it is something to keep in mind.

I care about you, I don’t want you to make yourself sick.
Lia said…
You may very well be working yourself too hard. I'm 5 ft 5 in and my body tends to stay at around 130/128 when I feel healthiest. Aren't you a fair bit taller than me? Perhaps you should listen to your body and instead of trying to cut down on the weight (aka cutting down on calories) perhaps you should focus on building muscle/toning, so ur calories and ur 156 lbs will go to muscle, like I look like I lose wieght when I am the fit 130 lb Lia as opposed to the lazy doing nothing 130 lb Lia, same weight, different look and feel. Listen to your body though, take a day or two off. Rest, heal.
Anonymous said…
Can you email me regarding how you are feeling? raindrops@q.com. I've been on MF since December 27, 2008; lost 42 lbs, weigh 188 and have been in the ER twice this weekend. Every test is normal; fainting, low blood pressure, no energy.

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016