Saturday, May 16, 2009

Are you kidding me? A 1 1/2 hour spinning class?

I didn't know what I was getting myself into this morning when I showed up for the 10:30 a.m. spinning class at my gym. I've done spinning classes before, they're hard but fun. A good way to really burn some calories. Since I had about four glasses of wine last night I was feeling a little out of sorts this morning and thought a good workout would get me going.

Oh my freak! As we neared the one hour mark I was thinking, well, thank God, I made it! A near death experience, but I'm almost done. 540 calories burned. Then I heard the instructor say, "Okay! We're at one hour, just 30 more minutes to go! Now pump it up!" WTF?! Thirty more minutes and surely I would be dead!

I made it all the way through the class, keeping pace with her to the end. I burned 743 calories according to my trusty heart rate monitor. I just checked the Weight Watchers web site and 90 minutes of spinning is 11 Activity Points! I feel a little weak and light headed, but I think I sweated any poison out of my system that was leftover from last night's little drinking binge. I don't do that very often, but I can sure feel the after effects a lot more now that I'm older.

Now if I can just keep my eating in check today, tomorrow's weighin might be okay.

Speaking of eating, my husband had made a batch of No-Pudge brownies while I was at the gym. The box has been in the pantry, hidden in the back, for over a year. He found it. I told him you were only suppose to make one serving at a time, like it says on the box. I was going to do that, some day, when I was feeling strong enough to eat just one. The box makes 12 servings. I may have to kill him. Seriously, brownies, in my house? Doesn't he know me better than that?

4 comments:

twinkelydots said...

WTG on the spinning class. Next time when you do an hour class you'll think "This was nothing. I can do 90 mins!"

Bad hubby. Bad hubby. Step away from the brownies. Don't you know that they're full of weavels from sitting in the back of the cupboard??

Ida said...

Having the brownies in the house will be a good test of your will power. Just think of them as poison and imagine them crawling with maggots every time you look at them. It might work............

antgirl said...

Wow! You're kicking butt!

Ron said...

WTG on that spinning class. We have had rain, and windy conditions and cold.. it's 42 degrees this morning, so no bike riding for me for a day or two.

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...