Today's weighin -- 5/31/2009 -- End of 68 weeks

Today's weight: 155.2 pounds

Lost since last official weighin on 4/11/2009: -1.4 pounds (I know, go ahead and laugh. I did.)

Total lost: 84.0 pounds

This is really kind of pathetic. If you look at my stats, you'll see that I've only lost 10 pounds in the last EIGHT months. I lost 73 pounds in the first seven months. What the hell have I been doing lately? Maintenance?

The positive:
1.) I haven't gained anything, which is really unusual for me. My M.O. is to drop a large amount of weight quickly, then turn around and gain it all back just as quickly.

2.) I've lost 84 pounds.

3.) My workouts are consistent, six days a week, 40 minutes cardio/40 minutes strength, plus walks and bike riding a few times a week. I'm stronger and more physically fit than at any other time in my life. I have more energy than I know what to do with. Pretty amazing considering I'm 53.

The negative:

1.) A 10-pound loss in eight months when I was aiming for a 30-pound loss in about four months.

2.) It makes me a tiny bit sad that I'm not at goal by now.

3.) Vacation July 19, birthday August 7, company picnic August 8, anniversary August 19. I really wanted to be at goal for all of these events. It's not going to happen.

I know what to do, it's what I did the first six months. Follow the program.

Comments

Ron said…
Diana, I have been doing the same.... maintenance.
My BMI yesterday was 25!!! that is not where I would like for it to be. You have lost 84 pounds, don't beat yourself up over it! that is awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016