Friday, June 26, 2009

Farrah and Michael

Michael. I danced to his music. Even my mother bought his Thriller album when she was in her 60's, for herself. She loved pop music.

Farrah. I wanted to be her. I had her hairstyle when I was in college. I never had a body like hers, but it was my goal (still is).

I saw Farrah's documentary about her battle against anal cancer. It was painful to watch. I thought she was brave. I cried for her, for her family, even for Ryan.

I remember Farrah said she wanted just one thing. She wanted to live.

It puts it all in perspective. My battle against obesity versus Farrah's battle against anal cancer. It makes my problem look trivial.

On a lighter note
Yesterday I Googled "how to not feel hungry". I was having another day of ravenous, insatiable hunger. After I read several web sites that said "drink lots of water", I found my favorite answer on wiki.answers.com:

How to not feel hungry?

Eat.

7 comments:

big_mummy said...

lol that is pretty funny. makes sense hey lol.

i was too young for farah hair but that would have been so cool

Kelly said...

You sound like me... I googled the same thing a few weeks ago and decided to eat too. Hope you have a great day!

Brooke said...

Amen about Michael and Farrah. They have certainly left their mark. They were both such inspirational influences for good.

The answer you found was rather profound - hilarious really. EAT.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Yeah...eat.

I sure have been following that advice a lot lately!

antgirl said...

Big week for losing folks. RIP Michael & Farrah. He was huge when I was in grade school. The Jackson 5 & the Osmonds were all over Teen Beat and Tiger Beat. Then he got huge again when I was in college and out in the clubs. I must say when his new videos first came out, everyone would stop to watch. And, I had Farrah hair in HS, too. Everyone did.

Eating is good. If I get physically hungry and I haven't eaten for awhile, I eat. Eating is good. :)

*Fitcetera* said...

Here's another one ... when you're thirsty ~ drink.
Or ... when you're tired ... sleep.

We sure do overlook the simple answers, don't we?

Farrah hair ... Of course!

CJ said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I appreciate the support! Keep up the great work. You look wonderful!

I made my 10% lost today!

Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...