Thursday, July 9, 2009

Still standing

After going to bed at 1 a.m I was up at 5 a.m. and at the gym by 5:30 a.m. I read my post from last night/this morning. I need some cheese with that whine. I guess I don't do well after 15 hours at work.

My workout this morning was great, which surprised me. I got a lecture from my husband about burning the candle at both ends. I know it's not healthy but sometimes it's not really a choice.

The guy friend at the gym acted weird this morning. He said hi, but kept walking. I guess being married makes me off limits to talk to. It was a little awkward but I understand. At least I can focus on my workout and not worry about him talking to me. Although he was really sweet and very complimentary to me, which is probably why I never mentioned I was married. He's also a cutie.

All my really good work friends are guys and we talk about everything. We're all married and it's not weird at all. I guess the date thing is probably what's making it strange. Hopefully we can get past that and talk like friends. Male/female relationships...difficult sometimes.

Tip for the day from The Beck Diet Solution by Judith S. Beck. It's from one of the tear-out cards in the back of the book - you're suppose to read them several times a day and follow the suggestions.

eat mindfully

I need to eat slowly and mindfully while sitting down--EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Funny for the day:

7 comments:

Ella Enchanted said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard @ the video! Sorry for the rough day yesterday, I don't know how you are still awake after four hours of sleep & exercising at 5:30am! That just shows how dedicated you are. Have a great day!

Ron said...

Don't eat to much cheese with that whine!!!

bbubblyb said...

Cute video, the boss sent it to me this morning lol.

Tough woman to get in the morning workout after a day like yesterday, way to go Diana.

Hope today is better for ya.

antgirl said...

Soy cheese is lower in fat. LOL

15 hours at work would make anyone whine.

I make friends with men easier, too. I guess most of them are married, so it's not an issue. I don't know why. I just sometimes find them easier to talk to.

MizFit said...

yes yes yes on the mindful chewingeating.
and yesyesyes on the gym thing with being married.

been there, Sister, been there.

Karina said...

Love the video! Thanks for the laughs!

*Fitcetera* said...

That video is very funny.
The Beck Diet Solution is on cd as well.
Great book when you actually follow it, I find :) (I keep slacking off)

eat mindfully ... i scarf down my food even now.
thanks for posting the reminder, Diana