Monday, August 10, 2009

After all, tomorrow is another day

I made it all the way until 8pm without eating anything off plan. Then I found it. The leftover seafood Alfredo my husband had carefully divided up into lunch-size portions and put in the bottom of the fridge, in the vegetable bin. I guess he thought I wouldn't look there.

I really thought I'd eaten the last of it on Sunday. I wondered why there was only a small portion left but thought my husband must have eaten the rest of it. He didn't, but now I have. There's nothing left. I ate all three portions. I'll probably have to explain that tomorrow.

I feel kind of sick now. Grossly overstuffed, nauseous.

My workout was great this morning, then I had a healthy breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. In about 15 minutes I ruined the entire day. Another day down the tubes. I wonder if I'll ever figure this out.

I guess there's always tomorrow.

10 comments:

Ida said...

Ah yes, there's always tomorrow.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

One day at a time babe...seriously. We've all been there!

Graciela said...

You're still getting back in the groove after being away from home, having b-day celebration, etc. It will get better, you will get back on track. And the bottom line is you are still doing great...the fact that you are working out, no matter what else is going on, is such a positive step.

In the meantime, cut yourself some slack.

saoirse said...

the funk is unavoidable. we'll revisit it from time to time. but you dont have the mindset that you had before this journey. youll get back on track.

big_mummy said...

yeh i found a packet of biscuits yesterday and ate, not one or two or three.... but 18! seriously there is no answer, draw a line under a move on

Ron said...

I have had steak, a full rack of ribs and golden coral buffet the last 3 days.... I don't think the alfredo is gonna set you back much.... onward we go.... today will be better!

Krista said...

Today will be a better day...let go of yesterday and the guilt that comes with it. It won't get you anywhere!

You can do it girl!

antgirl said...

Were you eating because you were hungry or because you usually get an urge to eat about that time?

You can plan for both. If you're actually hungry, then maybe plan another mini meal that fits in around that time.

If it's an 'urge' [my usual evening problem], you can also plan that in. I arrange a nutritious snack that if I skip it, doesn't hurt me. Or if it have it, doesn't hurt me. By making this plan, it helps tremendously - because I know I can have the snack and that giving in is OK. It takes a lot of that edge away. Sometimes I don't eat it, or only have part of it. So, it helps.

Erin Huggins said...

Life goes on and on! Everyday you look wonderful. Cheers, Erin

Ida said...

Stop by my blog and pick up the award I have for you.

Just a little crazy

I'm a little bit disappointed in my weigh-in this morning, but I know why it's not better than I expected: My last Weight Watc...