Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 3: It's not rocket science, but ...


ALEXANDER HOGUE
American, 1898-1994
Erosion No. 2 - Mother Earth Laid Bare, 1936P
Picture taken in Tulsa in the Philbrook Museum of art--no flash used. This was one of my favorite paintings in the museum. It has nothing to do with this post. I just like it (and she kind of looks like me).

In a nutshell, my "6-week , lose 10 pounds" plan so far:

Sunday, Day 2 - 29.5 Points (good since my limit is 29 with using the APs and weeklies). I purposely stayed out of the gym and went for a 45-minute walk with my husband.

Day 3 - 28 Points (if I don't eat another bite tonight and I think I can safely say I'm done eating for the day). I really struggled through my 90-minute workout this morning. It was like my feet were stuck in mud. I managed to burn 465 calories, but it was tough going all the way. Usually after five minutes I'm really into my workout. Not today. I wanted to go home and go to back to bed.

What I've learned so far:

Stopping binge eating, at least for the short run, is possible.

Going to bed slightly hungry and falling asleep is possible.

Journaling and counting Points is possible (and it works).

Sticky notes with my short term goal of 152 placed within my vision in every room helps me stay focused. Me staying focused is possible.

Sugar-free jello with fat-free yogurt and a few blackberries tastes great. Giving up sugar-free ice cream is possible.

Getting to my 10-10-09 goal of 152 -- it's going to happen!

I know what to do to lose weight, as does every single person reading this. We all know the secret formula for weight loss: eat less, move more. It can't get much easier than that...but it's still a struggle for me. Every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every year. It's a big struggle, but one I'm determined to conquer.

11 comments:

big_mummy said...

i think i might copy cat your post it idea!! you are so going to do this diana, cant wait for your next weigh in!

julie said...

Way to go, Diana! You sound so positive and determined. You're an inspiration to me!

Miz said...

YES YES for me as well on the sticky notes.

vision board.

everything always in my sight *somewhere* so my SUBCONSCIOUS never is allowed to forget my goals.

Ella Enchanted said...

I had the same thought as Julie, you sound extremely positive. You are doing wonderful & you WILL make your goal on 10-10-09!

Sandra said...

Yahoo for Diana - you are going to do this...
I love the sticky notes and as I'm starting my own personal challenge as of yesterday (and already it's been a challenge), the sticky notes just might keep me on track...
Keep up the excellent work.

bbubblyb said...

I'm going to try the sticky note thing, good idea.

We all do know what to do. This is definitely all a mental game, it's keeping the head on straight that's the hardest part. Glad things are going well for you.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Sounds like you're on the right track Di! Stick with it!

Sara said...

"Going to bed slightly hungry and falling asleep is possible."

Who knew? Good for you Diana, you're really working your six week plan!

antgirl said...

Woooot!! Use that super strength, Supergirl! You are going to do it.

If it were easy, no one would have a weight issue.

theantijared said...

I love when you are focused!!!

Graciela said...

Loved the painting...but I don't really think the puffy lady looks like you!

Glad to see you are doing so well.

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...