Where are YOU?

In a dark hotel room, somewhere near the San Francisco airport, my cell phone rings at 12:37am. I awake from a sound sleep to answer it.

Me: "Hello?"

Husband: "Hi!"

Me: "Why are you calling me?"

Husband: "I wanted to me make sure you're okay."

Me: "Of course I'm okay. I'm home. I don't understand why you're calling me."

Husband: "You're not home, you're in San Francisco."

Me: "I AM home and I don't know why you're calling me. Just come talk to me. "

Husband: "Diana, you're not home."

Me: "Yes, I'm home! Where are YOU?"

Husband: "You're NOT home."

I try to look around to see where I am. It's pitch black in the room. Then I realize it's not my bed and I'm not home. It dawns on me, I'm still in San Francisco! My husband is home and calling me in San Francisco.

It's very disorienting to wake up and not know where you are, or to think you're in one place and find out you're in another place. It's happened before, but this time I was positive I was at home and was puzzled my husband was calling me.

I want to go home.

Comments

big_mummy said…
aww bless, thats kinda funny, although i would have batted him over the head for calling that late!
Lia said…
awwwwwww, that's so cute of him. And yes, it is a scary experience.
Roxie said…
I hope you get to go home soon.
bbubblyb said…
Hope you get to go home soon.
Helen said…
Ooooh I hate that - especially when I AM home and don't know where I am lol! I hope you get to go home soon.
Lisa said…
Kind of sad, kind of funny. your husband is sweet. :)

Btw, I have a new site...
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/
antgirl said…
Sometimes I'm not sure where I am.

Hope you get to go home soon and destress. You need some R&R, girl!
Ida said…
:) I don't think that has ever happened to me, but I can imagine it would be scary and a little frustrating. It was sweet for hubby to call, but why so late?
Joanne said…
Hi there - just found your blog and hoping to gain inspiration from you.
I am the same age (and coast) but I am more where you were and hoping to be where you are.

Looking forward to getting to know you - even if you are in San Franciso wishing to be home - that would be a weird feeling.

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016