Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Greetings from California

Work
I'm in Oakland for my job, another deployment that has gone awry. It's 2 a.m. and essentially the entire counter and gates are down right now and none of the "experts" can figure out how to get it all working.

You would think by now, this being our seventh city doing this, that we would all have it figured out. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Every airport is different, different network setups, different systems. I just hope we can get it all working by 5 a.m. when the counter opens...or it will be hell. I'm not even sure how we can function without computers and printers.

Diet and Exercise
My eating is on track. I lost a pound since yesterday, so I'm back to my pre-Thanksgiving, and pre-death in the family weight. I'm still up 20 pounds from where I was a couple months ago, but I'm working on it.

My hotel is pretty nice, and my room is gorgeous. I'm in the new section with the new gym., which I haven't been able to check out yet (later , if I ever make it back to my hotel). I'm in a suite with a microwave and fridge. I even packed a bunch of my own food for sandwiches and snacks. I'm sick to death of eating out, plus I don't always make the best choices even if there are good choices to make.

Well, that's it. Not much new. Still sitting here waiting for my network guys to figure out this mess. It's 2:16 a.m. and I'm exhausted. I just want to sleep.

9 comments:

Miz said...

hope you got some rest last night finally.

HANG IN THERE with all the eating out and hotel living----it's almost HOME TIME :)

Ron said...

I struggle enough the way it is. I can't imagine, how hard it would be for me if I traveled as much as you do, but you seem to handle it pretty good. Keep making those healthy choices!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Sounds like you're going to get yourself back to "normal" any day now! I know it's sooo hard to stay on track when traveling!

Seriously when you come to Edmonton hit me up, we'll do coffee!

Helen said...

I hope by the time you read these comments you've figured it out and are on your way to getting some sleep. I love that you try your hardest even under the worst circumstances Diana.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Sounds fun to be out of town and getting to eat out all the time, but folks don't realize just how old that gets real quick. Hope you can find your way to that hotel gym and get a good sweat on. And good luck doping out all those headaches at the airport. Just what you need this time of year: a little more stress.

Take care.

bbubblyb said...

Hope you get to go home soon. Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving at least. You came home practically the same weight too so that's a big plus, wish I could say as much lol.

antgirl said...

Hope it got all fixed and you're getting some sleep. Yay on you packing your own food. Yay on the down a pound, too. :)

Ida said...

That really sucks! Hope you can get some rest soon, and they get the system figures out.

Graciela said...

Hang in there, Diana. I'm so impressed with everything you've been through lately, you're still trying your best, taking whatever comes along. You are amazing!

Just a little crazy

I'm a little bit disappointed in my weigh-in this morning, but I know why it's not better than I expected: My last Weight Watc...