Sunday, December 27, 2009

Still alive after 36 hours of hell

I'm not sure what happened to me Saturday but after my two-hour workout at the gym I became really sick as soon as I got home. Room spinning dizziness, horrible nauseousness and dry heaves because I hadn't eaten anything before going to the gym.

It continued all day yesterday, throughout the night until 6am this morning when I sort of started to feel human again and could finally lay down on the bed. Prior to that the movement of the bed made me feel sick so I was either laying on the floor or sitting in a hard chair.

I couldn't even keep water down. I tried eating saltines and I threw up. I took Pepto Bismol and threw up. I couldn't watch TV because the movement and the noise made me feel even more nauseous. I couldn't even read because of the dizziness.

My husband found me curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor at 3am and tried to make me go to the emergency room. I refused. I told him if I was still sick in the morning, then maybe. The thought of going to the emergency room made me feel even sicker.

I'm not sure what happened but I suspect it might have been either 1.) some sort of stomach flu or 2.) that disgusting, fattening Christmas dinner. I swear I'll never touch butter again as long as I live. Even now just thinking about it makes me feel kind of sick.

I felt better today but still kind of dizzy and slightly nauseous. I was able to eat a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup tonight and actually keep it down (no turkey, it makes me feel sick to think about it). I also drank a couple glasses of water today. I've been super thirsty because I couldn't drink anything yesterday and actually keep it down.

You never appreciate your health until you go through something like that. I'm so happy to feel better. I can't wait for tomorrow to feel even better. Plus I can sleep in my bed tonight and not on the floor or in a chair. Life is good!

10 comments:

Sweety On A Diet said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better. Sounds like a real nightmare!

MizFit said...

wow. TAKE CARE OF YOU,

Carla

Ravyn said...

Sounds like it could've been food poisoning? And no, not from eating too much!!

Marisa (Loser for Life) said...

I had a similar experience and it was awful! I was diagnosed with benign positional vertigo and unfortunately, there isn't much to do for it. I still experience some dizziness on a daily basis, especially if I tilt my head back too far or when I lie down in a different position. Now that you're feeling a little better, you may want to get an MRI to check things out.

Stay well!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Hope you're back to 100% soon Diana!

Deb said...

Wow, that sounded scary. Glad you are feeling better.

Natalia said...

So glad to hear you're feeling better. That sounds scary, and I'm sorry you had to go through it. Hopefully you can rest some more today.

Tony the Pink Panda said...

Sounds like a case of overtraining/not feeding your body and it started to fight back. Rest is your friend.

bbubblyb said...

I've caught those quick crazy bugs from the gym on occasion but really it sounds like it could have been one of several things like you said. The nephew was sick all day yesterday from rich food he wasn't use to so that could have been it too or over training without food. Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling better.

antgirl said...

I got that sick after a party once where I ate a piece of pizza. I think the grease sunk me. It felt like a really bad bout of flu. It was awful. I was sick as a dog. It happened immediately after eating. I was ill within 30 minutes.