Saturday, January 16, 2010
Eat more, move less and lose weight
My weighin today:
That was the result of one week of doing the following:
1. I tracked ALL my food.
2. I weighed and measured EVERYTHING I ate and drank.
3. I did my very best to follow the Weight Watcher Good Health Guidelines (including 3 dairy servings, 2 tsp. healthy oil and even my vitamins).
4. Stayed within my Points limit of 22, plus 5 of my weeklies each day. I ate ALL 35 weeklies.
5. I earned 35 Activity Points with 6 days of working out, one-hour sessions.I didn't eat any of my APs, although if I wanted them, I would have eaten them.
6. I ate a LOT of food, choosing mostly what Weight Watcher refers to as filling foods. There were a lot of the green diamonds in my online tracker.
This has saved my life. I felt full and satisfied most of the time. This has made a HUGE difference.
7. I cut out the night binging by saying 'no' to myself. I really thought about if I was actually hungry, or if I was lonely, bored, tired, or thirsty. Surprisingly, most of the time I wasn't really hungry.
8. Three nights I was decided I was hungry and had a late night snack.
My snack of choice was 1 cup fresh fruit (pineapple, blueberries - my favorites), six ounces non-fat yogurt, and 1/2 cup Fiber One. A two point snack versus a 30-Point binge.
9. I cut out empty calorie foods that contained sugar, such as Weight Watcher ice cream bars, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Dreyer's Frozen Fruit bars, and a lot of other processed foods. I also cut out most artificial sweeteners.
10. I drank at least 64 ounces of water a day.
I don't expect or even want to lose this much weight every week. I know the weight loss will slow down this coming week. My real goal is about about two pounds a week.
The best part is that I can live like this the rest of my life. For the first time since I started Weight Watchers I don't feel hungry all the time. I'm eating a lot of really good food.
I can do this...eat more, move less and lose weight. Who knew?
Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...
Just stopping in with a quick update. I'm down a few pounds from a couple months ago, 14.4 to be exact. I just updated my profile from 2...
I can't believe I forgot to post anything yesterday. I thought about it, but then quickly forgot. It's funny how blogging was a natu...
My current weight: Start weight Jan. 1, 2016 --- 226.8 Okay, I got that out of the way. Enough said about that number. I haven't eve...