Saturday, January 16, 2010

Eat more, move less and lose weight


My weighin today:


That was the result of one week of doing the following:
1. I tracked ALL my food.

2. I weighed and measured EVERYTHING I ate and drank.



3. I did my very best to follow the Weight Watcher Good Health Guidelines (including 3 dairy servings, 2 tsp. healthy oil and even my vitamins).

4. Stayed within my Points limit of 22, plus 5 of my weeklies each day. I ate ALL 35 weeklies.


5. I earned 35 Activity Points with 6 days of working out, one-hour sessions.I didn't eat any of my APs, although if I wanted them, I would have eaten them.

6. I ate a LOT of food, choosing mostly what Weight Watcher refers to as filling foods. There were a lot of the green diamonds in my online tracker.


This has saved my life. I felt full and satisfied most of the time. This has made a HUGE difference.


7. I cut out the night binging by saying 'no' to myself. I really thought about if I was actually hungry, or if I was lonely, bored, tired, or thirsty. Surprisingly, most of the time I wasn't really hungry.


8. Three nights I was decided I was hungry and had a late night snack.

My snack of choice was 1 cup fresh fruit (pineapple, blueberries - my favorites), six ounces non-fat yogurt, and 1/2 cup Fiber One. A two point snack versus a 30-Point binge.

9. I cut out empty calorie foods that contained sugar, such as Weight Watcher ice cream bars, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, Dreyer's Frozen Fruit bars, and a lot of other processed foods. I also cut out most artificial sweeteners.


10. I drank at least 64 ounces of water a day.

I don't expect or even want to lose this much weight every week. I know the weight loss will slow down this coming week. My real goal is about about two pounds a week.

The best part is that I can live like this the rest of my life. For the first time since I started Weight Watchers I don't feel hungry all the time. I'm eating a lot of really good food.

I can do this...eat more, move less and lose weight. Who knew?

20 comments:

Jason said...

Great site you have here. I came across your site from another site. I have a blog myself which I hope will be a top resource for those looking to find the motivation to lose weight.

I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible under our "Best Weight Loss Websites" page. Until then, keep up the good work!

Jason
4Weight2Lose.com

Rettakat said...

Oh, hello again Jason. I see you copy and paste this exact message all over. Best of luck to ya.

Diana,
I am so glad you have found a winning combination that works for you! What a great start. I can feel the enthusiasm in your post. What a great 1st week on the Weight Watcher challenge!
Loretta
=^..^=

Sweety On A Diet said...

Wow, that is amazing!

You must feel so inspired;-)

notjustcelery said...

Great job; you worked really hard for that this week!

Ron said...

Congrats Diana, we can do this ... one day at a time.

Deb said...

Wowza!! Great loss. Amaing what happens when you do all the things you are supposed to do. I should try it sometime. ;-)

Keep it up! You are doing great!

Patsy said...

That's an astounding loss... Sometimes, when I have a really good loss one week, I'll maintain or even gain slightly the next, even though I'm doing the exact same thing I did the previous week I had the gain... Bodies are weird things! lol

andrea. said...

Amazing! I am so impresssed with all the changes you are making! I am also trying to do 'more filling foods', and even though I should have known, I'm still 'surprised' that it's working so well. Not only are they filling, they seem to eliminate (or at least minimize) the cravings for other stuff. Go figure!

spunkysuzi said...

There will be no stopping you now :) Congrats on an awesome week!

Marisa (Loser for Life) said...

That is AWESOME, Diana! Very inspiring to me!!!

Helen said...

Holy cow! So, I don't think we need to put a wager on the 170 thing because it looks like you'll be blowing me out of the water on that. I am SO HAPPY for you!!

bbubblyb said...

I'm so happy for you Diana. What a terrific week you had, you sooo deserve it. I've really been liking all you've had to say lately. Really this is all a mind set and realizing we can do ANYTHING. I can't wait to hear about another great week.

Kyle Gershman said...

Don't you just love it when you get confident that "this shit really works"? Doesn't take anything magical, just guts and determination. Awesome for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! I amn so thrilled for you and your success this week. You truly inspired me to stay on track 100% this week! Keep up the good work.

Natalia said...

YOU. DID. FANTASTIC!!!!

Linda said...

Way to go! That's so motivating! Wow!

sophiedesertdog said...

Whoo hoo!!! Keep it up!

Kristina said...

What a loss this week! Amazing! Especially since you have already been losing...thats a big week! Im doing WW as well, but have fallen off the wagon the last few weeks. Back on it tomorrow because I feel SO much better when Im doing it right!

Thanks for following my blog. Im following yours now too......we can encourage one another!

Ida said...

Progress is forward motion one step at a time. You are making great progress.

seattlerunnergirl said...

Congratulations Diana! What a GREAT feeling that must have been! Keep up the great, amazing work and good choices.

I made my 10% lost today!

Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...