Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Is it really a choice?

After all my "let's be positive because it's a choice" I had a really lousy day today. I woke up late, missed my morning workout, and was late to work. Then I was assign two awful projects to manage.

I worked out after work and it was difficult. The extra 22 pounds feels like an extra 50 pounds, especially on the tricep pushups and chin-up assist machine.

On my way home I called my husband and asked him to get rid of the cashews he bought at Costco and the four different kinds of cheeses he got for New Year's Eve. They've been calling my name every night, and I can't take it anymore. He said he'd get rid of them.

When I got home after my workout you'll never guess what was in the kitchen. Pizza! Seriously Jack, are you freaking kidding me? Pizza?! I swear he wants me to be fat.

Although I'm trying to be positive and optimistic, I'm just not feeling it tonight. Maybe tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never do these questionnaire things but a friend sent this to me so I thought what the heck, I'll do it so I can email it back to her. Then I had the bright idea to post it here so you all can get to know me a little better. Because I'm sure you're all just dying to know what color of socks I'm wearing tonight. ;)

1. What is your occupation right now? Applications Analyst / It Project Manager

2. What color are your socks right now? Blue

3. What are you listening to right now? Cobra Starship on People's Choice Awards - Hot Mess. They sound off key and kind of horrible.

4. What was the last thing that you ate? Pizza. Blame my husband.

5. Can you drive a stick shift? No

6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Jack (my husband)

7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Yes :)

8. How old are you today? 54

9. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Ice skating or sometimes football if it's one of my teams (Seahawks or Broncos).

10. What is your favorite drink? water

11. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes

12. Favorite food? Cheesecake

13. What is the last movie you watched? It's Complicated (loved it!)

14. Favorite day of the year? My birthday (because I get what I want that day and I always take off work)

15. How do you vent anger? Scream...seriously, I do. Probably need anger management classes or something. Unless I'm at work. Then I just walk away...then I scream. :)

16. What was your favorite toy as a child? My first bike, the brand was Firestone and it was a sparkly kelly green

17. What is your favorite season? Spring

18. Cherries or Blueberries? I love both but probably Washington Rainier cherries

19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? Yes

20. Who is the most likely to respond? Twila

21. Who is least likely to respond? Linda

22. Living arrangements? Married

23. When was the last time you cried? Really cried - my brother-in-law's funeral in November. Just a few tears, stupid BL show last night.

24. What is on the floor of your closet? Oh man, too much junk...Shoes/two suitcases/cat kennel/a lamp/an empty tripod box - yes I need to clean my closet. :)

25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? Twila

26. What did you do last night? Watched Biggest Loser

27. What are you most afraid of? Becoming a homeless bag lady or a contestant on BL

28. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburger? cheese

29. Favorite dog breed? mutt from the Humane Society

30. Favorite day of the week? Saturday

31. How many countries have you lived in? 1

32. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls

33. What is your favorite flower? Iris

35. What is your favorite color? aqua

14 comments:

Jess said...

Sometimes all the positive thinking in the world can't improve a sucky day. Your blog is awesome.

Sweety On A Diet said...

Planning and executing are not always equally easy! But, tomorrow is another day!

Natalia said...

Sorry it's so hard at your house with the cheese and the cashews! When you have a lousy day, try to shrug it off so that you can start fresh the next day. Good luck! :)

Helen said...

It must have been pizza night yesterday. This was my conversation with my dh before work Weds. morning. Him: "I'm picking up Jacob (our nephew) tonight, I'm getting Illiano's (NY style pizza), what kind do you want?" Me: "None. We just had pizza New Year's Eve. I spent a lot of time making food over the weekend so I'll eat something out of the fridge. Thanks though."

Sounds nice but I was really annoyed. Because honestly the man does not ever plan and we woudl eat pizza, etc. every night if I didn't. He also doesn't have a weight issue so he really doesn't get it that I have to plan appropriately, even for pizza.

So, I get home and eat my soup and sandwich. About and hour and a half later he walks in, goes to the fridge and starts pulling out food. I say, "no pizza?" He says, "Well I bought a slice for Jacob but I thought about it and what we have here is probably healthier and we did just have pizza."

So I said all that to say I don't think he (your dh or mine) necessarily purposefully means to sabotage, it's just that they don't think. At all.

Hope today is better for you. *hugs*

Amy said...

I had an hour like that last night... My frustration and anger got the best of me despite all of my positive self talk and attempted calming gestures.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit said...

Don't yell at me about the pizza! I didn't do it!

clickmom said...

I am a glass half full girl, but on days when I can't be there, I wholly embrace the opposite. It's all about balance.

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Out of all that I have to say...

I've got anger issues too lol.

bbubblyb said...

Hope today is going better for you. I enjoyed reading about you, we have a lot of similarities.

Bowmanh23 said...

I swear my husband does the same thing to me! He is how I got this way in the first place!

Steve said...

I hope he at least got rid of the cashews and cheese (which is my biggest kryptonite).

Your blue socks put my white socks to shame.

antgirl said...

Some days are like that.

I don't think he wants you to be fat. He's just a man. You said get rid of 'cheese' & 'cashews' [I can't control cashews either]. You did not give instructions for dinner.

Honest, I swear, the longer we're married to them the more helpless they get.

Amazon Runner said...

In spite of our best efforts and in spite of what we know intellectually, we just aren't going to be full of joy and positive energy every day. This will pass!

YOU'RE DOING GREAT!

Ida said...

Some days are just like that.

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...