Thursday, March 18, 2010

Feed a cold, feed a fever

I've started about five posts today and deleted every single one of them.

I have a cold. My nose is like a faucet that I can't turn off. My throat is sore. My head hurts. My teeth hurt. I feel bad.

I stayed home from work. I've been fighting the desire to overeat all freaking day. So far I'm winning the battle but it's a giant struggle.

I'm trying Roxie's idea of re-wiring my brain. Just because I'm sick and feel icky it doesn't mean I have to reach for food to comfort myself. Just because I can't go to the gym doesn't mean all is lost. Most importantly, I won't die from a little hunger, even if I am sick.

My goal today is different behavior, not the same thing I've done my entire life. Feed a cold, feed a fever.

I wish it was time to go to bed.

9 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh no, Diana!!! I hope you feel better SOON!!! Hang in there, my friend! I understand that feed a cold, feed a fever mentality. My recommendation is sleep, sleep, sleep! Take care!

Roxie said...

I'm sorry you are feeling poorly. And nothing is stopping you from going to bed. Go. Get some rest.

M Pax said...

Rewiring is a must in this thing. That I can attest to. :)

Get better, Diana!

Ida said...

Just make sure you drink plenty of liquids. Feel better, my friend!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

Feel better soon!

Deniz said...

Hope you feel better really soon.

Do as Ida suggests and drink, drink, drink (hot water with a slice of lemon is good). It'll help you fight the bug, and keep something in the tummy to fight the hunger pangs.

Helen said...

I hope you feel better. Spring colds suck.

Debbie said...

I hope you get to feeling better, a cold makes you feel awful. Be sure and drink alot.

Ron said...

Hope your surviving the day and staying in control. Hope you feel better soon.

Just a little crazy

I'm a little bit disappointed in my weigh-in this morning, but I know why it's not better than I expected: My last Weight Watc...