Sunday, March 21, 2010

Lost a battle but not the war

Last night I had a little slip. I went to bed at 8 p.m., exhausted from being awake all day and fighting my cold. I took a dose of NyQuil and fell asleep immediately.

At midnight I was wide awake and ravenous. No matter how hard I fought with myself to go back to sleep, I couldn't do it. I felt hungry and finally after tossing and turning for about thirty minutes, I headed to the kitchen for a snack. Just a little something so I could go back to sleep. It felt like I was sleep walking, but I was aware enough to not go totally crazy.

I decided on an Oroweat Sandwich Thin with Weight Watcher whipped cream cheese. I didn't measure the cream cheese, but it was about three tablespoons. I also had about a cup and a half of fresh strawberries. Total value of four Points, which I added to the tracker under yesterday making it a 33.5 Point day. Ouch.

Certainly not my best day, but I could have done a lot worse. Remember the cup of pecans I had a few weeks ago for 20 Points? Along with a variety of other foods in the middle of the night. I didn't even bother to keep track of what I was eating during those middle of the night rampages.

I lost the battle of wills last night, but it was just one night and a minor infraction. That kind of thing is going to happen. I'm not perfect and I don't pretend to be perfect. The war continues.

2 comments:

Kyle Gershman said...

Well, for satisfying your hunger, you made some healthful choices. I think that is a great sign!

Yes, you went over your points, but you could have gone over points with some horrible trigger foods.

If, and this is a huge IF, you lost anything, it would have been a battle with the scale, but a big win for the mental war towards getting truly healthy.

Ida said...

Sometimes, especially when one is sick, we need to listen to our bodies. It is very important to eat healthy and not count whatever it is you count, when sick. It is one time our bodies need extra stuff to help us get well, ya know.

Just a little crazy

I'm a little bit disappointed in my weigh-in this morning, but I know why it's not better than I expected: My last Weight Watc...