Sunday, May 16, 2010

Forget low energy, I have NO energy

I'm not sure what is wrong with me today but I just want to curl up in a ball and sleep forever. I'm exhausted and that's after eight hours of sleep last night. Maybe it's the twelve and half hours of flying in the last week and a half. Seattle-Denver-Seattle, Seattle-Dallas-Seattle, almost back to back.

I just feel like my life's blood has been sucked out of  me. I managed a really good workout last night at the gym. Thirty minutes on the StairMaster and fifty minutes of heavy strength training. I'm dressed right now for the gym but just the thought of exercising is exhausting me. I'm not sure how I'm going to actually get there and do a good workout.

In addition, I'm hungry! Sometimes I just have days where all I can think about is food. Today is one of those days. It's not even lunch yet, and I'm starving.

Tired and hungry is a really bad combination for me. It makes me feel weak and really susceptible to out-of-control eating. I guess today is going to be one of those "one minute at a time" kind of days.

I'm heading out to the gym and then run a few errands. My plan is to be home by 2pm so we can just relax before the work week starts. Maybe a nap is in my future. :)

5 comments:

Ron said...

Maybe you should have skipped the gym today :)

Katie said...

Wow, all that flying could definitely explain the exhaustion!

Going to the gym can really give you some energy, and possibly take away some of that extra hunger. Good luck!

Miz said...

I was like that yesterday too (tho I know why) and it all makes me long for sugar and carbs.

since lots of mine is allergy-related the gym actually made me feel BETTER.

here's hoping that works today as well :)

M Pax said...

I hear ya! Sometimes I have no idea why I'm so tired. Then I remember to take my cohosh and I feel better. {Most of mine is hormones}

I just get hungrier some days. I'll eat some soy chese or something. It's not emotion or mental, it is physical hunger. I'm not sure what it's about. I usually assume I hit too low on my protein or something.

You tracking your protein?

Anita said...

The good news is that when you discover that you have low thyroid condition, you can treat it! By getting on the right diet, doing the right exercises and taking desiccated bovine thyroid , it can really change your life.