Monday, June 7, 2010

Up and ready for my bootcamp introduction

It was a busy weekend, and  I'm rushed for time this morning. Another sleepless night so I'm feeling exhausted, but kind of psyched about bootcamp. Thank God for caffeine.

I did my best to do filling foods this weekend and not count Points, just my weeklies (non-filling foods). It's really hard to eat Chinese food and have any of it count as filling food. I failed miserably and used 11 of my weeklies at one meal. Oh well.

Also red wine is NOT a filling food. Ten weeklies wasted on wine in two days! I'm not much of a drinker and prefer to eat my extra weekly Points, but my mother-in-law isn't in town very often, so I let loose a little. It was fun but now it's back to the grindstone.

Bootcamp is at 7 a.m. which is going to make me late for work, but I've already made arrangements that I'll be in at 10 a.m. This is my intro class, after this it'll be 6 a.m. classes which will work out fine with my work schedule.

A few pictures from the weekend...

It was an absolute zoo at Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. Gorgeous weather, hundreds of people.


Flowers everywhere.


Lots of beautiful fresh produce.


Market Spice shop, my mother-in-law's favorite store. She spent a fortune in this place.


Lots of fresh seafood.

More flowers.


Me and mom, and I was horrified that my belly was showing. These pants are too big and were falling off of me. I look like a bum and chastised my husband for not telling me my belly was hanging out. He said he didn't notice (!).


8 comments:

Helen said...

Awww what a nice picture of you and your MIL belly out and all! You shouldn't have mentioned it, I didn't even notice it either! Sounds like a wonderful fun time and that is so important for having a well rounded life.

Anonymous said...

Carrieheff said exactly what i was thinking and planning to say... why can't you see how beautiful you are and how great you look... honestly, many people would love to look like you. gosh darn... i know we all feel a little bit insecure at times... but pls don't be soo hard on yourself.. look at the good.. xo Patty

M Pax said...

Oh, I would love such a market nearby!

Rettakat said...

I LOVE farmers markets, and your pics are so much fun to see. I wish we had ones like yours around here... they are very dinky here in So Oregon.
Loretta
=^..^=

Grace said...

Hi, Diana! I just found your blog yesterday and I love it! :) You look really great! I'm near Seattle, as well, and we love the Pike Place Market! And Saturday *was* absolutely gorgeous, wasn't it? Today is so *blah*. I'm looking forward to hearing about how 'bootcamp' goes for you.

Love, Grace

bbubblyb said...

Well I think you look super terrific, about my age I'd say *smile*. Looks like you had a terrific time and you know life is about living. Darn we have to stop with the counting all the time and just do our best to make healthy choices lol. Good luck with bootcamp, I actually looked it up but it's a fortune and I'm cheap lol.

tena said...

Wow! That place looks fantastic! And you look great. I would have never noticed the tiny bit of belly peeking out. Can't wait to hear about boot camp!

Jenny S said...

You look so beautiful, Dianna! Beautiful and strong! I have to apologize for something. You had written me a nice letter a few months back in respose to some comments I had left you... and I just found it yesterday! :O I just never check this email and had no idea you sent it. Forgive me for not answering you at all or even acknowledging it. :) Your writings were so very kind, encouraging and helpful. Loved it. Thank you for sharing photos of yourself, I love seeing them! Great job on going to bootcamp even tho you were tired! Blessings!