Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It's not a project, it's called life

Another incredibly long day. I think it's been about 16 hours with maybe a half hour break that I've been staring at this computer. My eyeballs feel like burned out sockets.

I managed to get in a good workout this morning and my eating has been great. Mainly because I don't really have time to think much about food. That gives you a clue as to how busy my work has been. Food is always on my mind!

I've been thinking about what I wrote yesterday, Monday. About how I couldn't handle another project right now, referring to my weight loss. The truth is that I can't look at it as a "project". That's been my problem (or part of it) my entire life. If I couldn't give it 100% of my focus I would fail. When I'm 100% on and it's my entire focal point, I'm good. When things, like life, get in my way, that's when I really have problems.

My goal this time during this work stress is to just to get through it the best I can. Get to the gym, even if it's only thirty minutes, which lately there's been a few days that was all I could squeeze into my day. Today it was an hour and a half, which felt great, but thirty minutes is my minimum, an hour is better, and an hour and a half is optimal. Of course, watch my eating. Maybe I can't journal every bite, but I know what to do and what not to do when it comes to food. I'm not new at this game. :)

One of these days, soon I hope, things will be back to normal. Right now, I just have to make the best of it.

9 comments:

MizFit said...

make the best of it and FOR ME it is sometimes about deciding OK THIS IS MY NEW TEMPORARY NORMAL and how can I make it work for me...temporarily.


Carla

Roxie said...

Hang in there, Diana.

Ron said...

Hope things get back to "normal" for you soon.

Helen said...

If your life isn't your normal life, you definitely cannot expect to be in a normal routine. Accomplish small things. Make whatever you can work now knowing that it's only temporary. Hang in there!

M Pax said...

Sounds like you made a smart plan - do the best you can and don't beat yourself up for coping later on. Wishing your temporary madness ends soon.

Vee said...

You're going to come out the other end of this stress tunnel and find you've made it, lost weight, toned muscle, and have less stress than expected. Good job! Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Rettakat said...

"The truth is that I can't look at it as a "project". That's been my problem (or part of it) my entire life. If I couldn't give it 100% of my focus I would fail. When I'm 100% on and it's my entire focal point, I'm good. When things, like life, get in my way, that's when I really have problems."

Wow, that insight is GOLD! That same syndrome (all or nothing) hit me recently, and I almost lost it, for the same reason.

I'm glad you are deciding to just do your best, and not stress over it.

Loretta
=^..^=

Ida said...

"The truth is that I can't look at it as a "project". Words to live by.

Washington DC Weight Loss said...

Perfect words to live by. Thanks for inspiring people. Thanks much!

I made my 10% lost today!

Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...