Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today was a little piece of hell

I just got home. It's almost 11pm. Our beta software release (that I was in charge of the deployment) literally went to hell in a handbasket. I won't bore you with details but we had a rollback after major problems and then I spent ten hours with various developers and my manager trying to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. The list of what went wrong is long. A shorter list would be what went right. As one dev said, it was a major FUBAR. Don't know what that means? Google it. :)

I have my alarm set for 4:50am. I am going to the gym come hell or high water. Actually, today was sort of like hell. Major high stress. I didn't realize until 8pm I had not gone to the bathroom or drank any water or had a bite to eat...all day. Today, of all days, I skipped breakfast and skipped the gym. I just wasn't hungry and I was tired so slept in until 7am.

Little did I know I wouldn't be eating anything until 8pm. My manager brought me a turkey Subway at 2pm but I didn't have time to eat it until 8pm. The best sandwich I've ever tasted in my life!

I'm actually a little excited about my Geneen Roth workshop this weekend. I've emailed Grace so I sure hope I hear from her. I'm sure I'll learn something and meet some interesting people. I'm actually sort of looking forward to it. At least I won't be at work!

Not much else to post. I'm going to bed and hoping to sleep (if I can just calm down and turn off my brain...please...sleep would be a blessed release right now).

6 comments:

Miz said...

its almost gym time for you so I wont distract :)

MizFit

Ron said...

you should be up by now and on your way to the gym.... hope you have a better day!

Baby Stepping said...

I hope today is a a better day for you

Hugs,
Mary

Roxie said...

Oh, Diana. I hope you were able to get some good sleep. Sleep is job one!

Helen said...

Sleep? Gym? Hope you got both!!

bbubblyb said...

I definitely hope today is a better day for you Diana. I'm so glad you're going to get away for the weekend you need it and you deserve it. You made me all teary eyed with your comment on my blog, you know I feel the same way about you *big big hug my friend*.