My weighin and feeling more positive

After my pathetic post earlier today about considering myself an epic failure in the weight loss arena, I almost blew off my Weight Watcher meeting. I was feeling like why should I even bother, I can't do this anymore. I'm sick and tired of trying and failing over and over.

I couldn't help thinking it doesn't do any good to go to the meetings anyway. I go, I listen, then I chose to ignore the advice. Thankfully I ignored my stupid girl voice and went to my meeting.

What was really cool about the meeting was our leader's excitement about the new program. She told us she wanted us to consider today the last day of our Weight Watcher year. This year was past and a new year was starting this week with the new ProPoints program and all new materials. She even played Auld Lang Syne at the end of the meeting and told us we had to hug each other (yes, the meetings are often a little touchy-feely, but they're fun).

After the meeting I sat in my car and looked at my weighin results. I knew it was bad and it was exactly as I had anticipated. I weighed in with a 6.2 pound gain at 180.8. No surprise. I gained it in three weeks. My last weighin was 11/6 at 174.6.

I looked back in my Weight Watcher weighin book and on January 9, 2010, I weight 180.4. Interesting. Basically, I stayed the same this year. That's a first for me. I've lost significant amounts of weight in the past but never kept it off for more than a few months.

Instead of feeling defeated about the weight gain and not making any real progress in a year, I feel energized. I've decided this is going to be my year. This is the year I'm going to make goal. After almost three years of Weight Watcher meetings, I tired of just sitting in meeting after meeting watching other people make goal. I want to make goal.

My year starts today, right this very minute. Not on January 1, but today, November 27, 2010. One year from today I will be at goal. I'm definitely feeling more positive.

Comments

Q102Briand said…
Diana, I am so proud of you! I read your post earlier today on my phone and didn't have a chance to tell you that "You are NOT an epic failure!" You have done great things and even more great things lie ahead!

I am excited to hear about the new plan and love your snooping around and findings on the UK plan. It sounds like it makes sense.

Brian
I like the new optimistic tone. You should print this one and keep it as a touchstone throughout the year.
You are NOT a failure! Keep smiling girl, we're gonna make it.
Keep believing you'll be at goal next year.
I know you can do it, Diane :)
And so can I.
Joy said…
Wow ~ I can feel your excitement and power!! You ARE going to do this!! You are so close to your goal...Girl get this done - you can do it!!

Keep focused!
Dawn said…
You should be proud that you were able to maintain this year. Thats not always an easy thing. Im sure through this year you have made positive changes.

Happy New Year!!!
Ron said…
Totally agree with the rest, you are not a failure, you have accomplished so much, this will be your year... you know what you want... now go out and do it and get there... I really am trying to think about each meal i eat to ensure that what I am eating will benefit me and my goals.... except when I make stupid mistakes like last night, eating at chinese buffet... but I am human, I screw up... but I get right back on track.
bbubblyb said…
Maintaining is not easy and you have done that so I'm glad to hear you feeling proud about that you should. I know you can reach goal in a year, it is in your hands Diana. You can do anything you put your mind too. I look forward to being right here rooting you on too.
I just came across your blog. I live in the Seattle area too and attend Weight Watcher's meetings. Maintaining is very frustrating, especially when your focus is on losing. Just keep persisting and you will reach your goal.

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016