Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Wish

As I was standing in a very long, slow-moving line at at Macy's this morning (one LAST gift for hubby), I started thinking about this blog. I realized it's the thing that has basically kept me accountable for the last three years. It's the one thing that has made a huge difference in my weight loss and in my life.

Even though I'm not at goal yet (2011 will be MY year), I didn't gain anything this year. That alone is a small miracle. I've been blogging for three years and this is the first time in my entire life that I've consistently attempted to lose weight for that long of a period AND stuck to a regular exercise routine. My follow through on most things in life is usually poor, especially weight loss and exercise.

Then I realized I wouldn't be posting anything until next year since I'll be in Fairbanks all next week. I don't usually post or read blogs when I'm with my family. This was my last chance to say anything in 2010.

So, to anyone that reads this, first of all, I really appreciate you. If you've ever left me a comment or sent me an email, I appreciate you even more, and if you're a blogger, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've learned so much from all of you that I can't even begin to express my gratitude. Without all of you I would have given up a long time ago.

The other thing is my Christmas wish for everyone. If I could grant one wish to everyone it would be good health. That's it. Not wealth or possessions or world peace. Just good health. Because if you have good health, you have everything. All that other stuff doesn't mean a thing without it.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a good night!

7 comments:

Rettakat said...

Since you will be gone all next week, I'll thank you NOW for your post from Dec 22nd. I am putting together a post for Monday about it.

What you said about focus got me thinking, and really helped me figure out some stuff. So thank YOU, Diana, for being so honest and transparent, and sharing that with us, so we can learn from one another.

Have a wonderful vacation!
Loretta
=^..^=

Tony said...

aww, happy holidays Diana!

Ron said...

Merry Christmas Diana!!! Enjoy your time with your family in Alaska!

Q102Briand said...

DIana I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and I hope you have a great week in Fairbanks. Congrats on an awesome year! Here's to a great 2011!

Brian

Alan (Pounds Off Playoff) said...

Nice post, Diana. Have a great trip!

Kelly! said...

Diana!! I haven't been around in a while but somehow your posts can still make my day. Hope you're having a fabulous relaxation time with the family! Happy New Year :)

Deniz said...

Hi Diana - as a long-term reader and fellow weight-loss journeywoman, I have to say I appreciate every scrap of wisdom you've shared with us all and have learned some great things from you. Not least of these the will to carry on when things get rough.

I wish you a happy, fabulous and successful New Year and will be there with you along the way right through 2011!

Hugs from a warmer UK... at last.

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...