Saturday, November 19, 2011

A gain of 5 or 6 pounds? Who did I think I was kidding?

I'm all dressed for the gym. My BodyMedia is on my left arm, along with my Polar Heart rate monitor (which I LOVE!). I've entered my food into the BodyMedia website, calories consumed (so far, 867 and it's 3:45 p.m. - I allow myself 1500).

I noticed something. My workout shirt feels snugger. In my last post I casually mentioned I thought I'd gained a few pounds in the last ten days. The shirt I'm wearing, a t-strap tank, is definitely tighter than it was ten days ago. I remember it billowing around me and that it felt too big. Now it fits, but I prefer the "billowing" effect.

I still haven't weighed. That alone is a sign that in my heart I know I've gained probably more than a "few pounds". My last weigh-in was October 31, 173.4. I bet I'm at least 180 right now, or even more. I know my body. It feels heavy. I felt it yesterday on the StairMaster, the strong pull of gravity when my body gets to a certain weight.

So far today the food has been good. I've really missed fresh fruits and vegetables. Even though my hotel had a microwave and fridge, we ate out almost every meal during my ten days in Fairbanks. 

Tomorrow will be my big weigh in, to figure out where I am and what I need to do. I have the Big Climb 2012 on March 25, and I'd really like to lose 20 pounds by then. Regardless of my current weight - which is unknown right now - I want to lose 20 pounds.

The skies are almost black here, looks like rain or maybe even snow. Guess I'd better get my big, fat derriere to the gym before I find an excuse to stay home, all warm and cozy by the fireplace.





5 comments:

Julie said...

Good luck with your weigh in. Don't forget we go up and down all the time on the scale. Keep working out, try and eat right and the weight will leave again.
Take care and have a blessed weekend.

Jane Cartelli said...

I know that feeling - the strong pull of gravity when my body gets to a certain weight. It use to be a much higher weight but now I feel it quicker than that and it helps me adjust before the bloat takes over,

Jane~

Ron said...

I'm sure you had a little stress those 10 days when you were eating out too..... you will get back down and feeling comfortable in them close quickly.

Dawn said...

Good Luck with the numbers, but whatever they are, they are.
This has been such a difficult few months. i'm not supporting or excusing it for you...its just where it is. You sound to be doing all the right things now, back to the gym, back to the BodyMedia. Just jump on the scales, accept where you are at and get on with it.....but please, don't fall of that bike again, no more broken bones! You will get there, you are a determined woman.

Miz said...

checking back in on you...

I made my 10% lost today!

Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...