Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Your favorite green vegetable

Part of my lunch today, plain old green beans with Pam butter flavored spray and a dash of sea salt.


I haven't eaten green beans for years. I've never really liked them much. I've always thought they were boring and tasteless. These aren't bad, in fact, I'll probably eat them again.

I eat too many Brussels sprouts. Seriously, I eat them several times a week. I've had an ongoing love affair with Brussels sprouts for years. My favorite is fresh Brussels sprouts, roasted with olive oil and sea salt. I could eat these every day (heck, I have eaten them almost every day for months!).

I've decided to branch out and only eat Brussels sprouts a couple times a week (this will be hard), and start eating a greater variety of fresh, green vegetables. I know this would be healthier.

Do you have a favorite green vegetable? How do you prepare it?




9 comments:

Kyle Gershman said...

My goto is broccoli, but love asparagus now too despite developing "asparapee" shortly after. Nothing beats, flavor wise, broccoli stir-fried at a Chinese restaurant. For health and home, though, I steam it. And since I'm now vegan, I top with nutritional yeast for a cheezy like flavor.

Asparagus is best roasted and drizzled with your favorite salad dressing.

Dawn said...

have to admit my favourite is asparagus. preferably served with salmon.
Mmmmmmmmmm

Premee said...

Broccoli, steamed in the microwave (a little bit of water in the bottom of the bowl, which vanishes after a few minutes). Then either plain, or with a tiny bit of grated cheese on top. :)

Caron said...

I like to cook whole green beans with a teaspoon or two of oil. I sprinkle them with garlic powder and right before they are done, I drizzle with some soy sauce. Yum.

Diandra said...

Green beans are one of my favorites. I toss them with salt, pepper and olive oil and bake them in the oven. I also like broccoli and cauliflower (which is not technically green, unless you take the Romanesco variety, but... you know), which I prepare in a great variety of ways. My favorite recipe for broccoli is a soup including buttermilk and tomatoes and roasted almonds - the BF hates it, so I only make it if he isn't home for dinner.

MizFit said...

STEAMED BROCCOLI

and lottsa lottsa salt :)

Helen said...

Asparagus. Also roasted with olive oil and sea salt :)

bbubblyb said...

I'd have to say my favorite green veggie is snap peas. I just buy the frozen snap peas then use a bit of fake spray butter and a dash of season salt, I can eat the whole bag :) I like green beans too but usually end up with the can version since that's what Mike and Marie like. But fresh are yummy to me :)

Ana Morato said...

Brussel sprouts? I haven't had those yet. How long do you cook them for? I'm in need of a food overhaul because my go-tos are getting boring!

I made my 10% lost today!

Since January 9, 2017 I've lost 21.4 pounds, 10% of my body weight. I feel like I've found the secret to life. I haven't poste...