Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The pitter patter of little feet

When I was little my mother would often wake me with a cheerful "Diana, it's time to rise and shine! I want to hear the pitter patter of those little feet on the floor!".  I had a terribly happy mother that was always in a good mood in the morning (and pretty much all the time).

I have been up since 4 a.m. but there has been very little pitter patter of my feet. I am exhausted since I haven't really slept for the last three years.

It's 5:03 a.m. right now. I've been reading blogs the past hour and could happily continue for another hour. But now I really need to move, get my gym clothes on, drive six minutes to the gym, go inside, and really move body.

I don't want to move. I want to sit here by the fireplace, in my recliner, with my kitty curled up on my stomach as I type on my laptop. My kitty, Mickey, is the love of my life. White, longish fur, with a red head and red tail and he is Mr. Personality Plus. He never fails to make me smile. I really hate to disturb him (or do I really mean it's "me" that I don't want to disturb).

Unfortunately, life seems to be a series of things I'd rather not do. Going to the gym in the dark, cold, and rainy weather is one of them. However, I want that good feeling I get afterwards more than I want to sit here, warm and comfortable, with my best fur friend cuddled up with me. Of course, as I typed that, I thought, "Nah! This is better."

Regardless, I'm going to do what is the right thing for me, for my health and for my head...exercise. Lack of sleep is a poor excuse to not exercise.

So my little feet  (are size nine feet little?) are going to get moving and get to the gym before it's too late. I have to be out of the house by 5:30 a.m. It's 5:15 a.m. right now.

7 comments:

Diandra said...

You definitely need to sleep more. ^^

MaryFran said...

I have to get rolling on the exercise before I get all comfy....and once the cats move into position I'm toast!!!! They rule the roost you know!!!!!!!

Sarah G said...

Hope you sleep well tonight. ((Diana))

Grace said...

I'm sure you know that sleep is as important as diet and exercise when it comes to weight loss, general health, etc! If you need sleep, you should get it whenever possible.

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm still here .... reading your posts..... finding encouragement and inspiration. Hang in there and take it day by day. Your one of the strongest women i know! Hugs! deb

Ida said...

ummmmm...does the earth rotate that early in the morning? Not in my world!

Levela said...

Rest more woman lol. oxo

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...