Saturday, January 17, 2015

Off to a turtle pace start for 2015



It's been three weeks since I posted anything. Three weeks of constantly thinking I really need to do something about my weight, but not putting much effort into it. I sort of tried, but not really. I didn't eat a few boxes of cookies or bags of candy that I would have normally eaten. I only ate fast food once. I walked during lunch a few times and hit the gym once or twice a week. Isn't it strange how we make our new normal? Mine had become no exercise and eating every piece of junk I wanted.

This morning I logged into Weight Watchers. I signed up for online three weeks ago and logged my food twice during that time. Today I told myself is the day that I get serious about losing weight. Of course that voice in my head said "ha, I've heard that before!". Shut up head if you can't stay positive.

I entered my food in the tracker for today and looked at the weight tracker. I had added my weight on December 28 but hadn't touched it since then. I weighed this morning, and I really wasn't sure what my weight was before I started my half-assed attempt at losing weight. I was very surprised to see I'd lost 7.2 pounds in three weeks. Although I'm a little happy about it, part of me can't help but think if I had really made an effort, I could have lost a lot more. I know from my past efforts that when I start out at a high weight, 236 pounds this time, the weight comes off pretty easy to the beginning. At least I didn't gain 7.2 pounds. Yes, that's the bad voice in my head that wants to make me fail at this, now allowing me to be happy about what it considers a mediocre weight loss. I'm working on shutting down that voice, but a lifetime of listening to it make it hard.

I got a Fitbit Flex as a gift from where I work (we could choose anything from our company store for $100 - I chose the Fitbit). I love this thing. The few times I've actually used it, it really motivated me. Well, at least for a few days. When I didn't make an effort to exercise it was depressing to look at it. I walked yesterday at lunch and was delighted to see the walk was three miles. I had measured it on mapmyrun.com a few years ago, and I was happy to see the fitbit came up with the same distance. Fitbit results from yesterday (fitbit emailed me that I was an over achiever. Hahaha!):



I don't have an exciting scheduled today. I had a healthy, late breakfast, now some house cleaning (I love a clean house but hate to clean), a gym visit and maybe a walk with my boyfriend (he joined my gym and loves going to the gym...nice, but sometimes annoying too). Then something light and healthy for dinner. 

One day at a time is all I can do. It would be great if I could keep up a two pound a week weight loss, but I know that's not realistic. As long as I give this at least some effort, I'll be happy. I doubt I'll become a crazed maniac going to the gym five or six days a week and tracking every single bite I eat - at least not every day. That's just not me anymore. I'm pretty sure that "do or die" attitude I had was exactly what helped lead me down the path to cancer. I'm a little more relaxed about stuff these days. It's the key to a happy life. 

11 comments:

thesis service provide said...

When compare to others your article is so goods

Shaharul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shaharul said...

Although you are new poster but all are so much informative like-
walking for weight loss !

Akash Sherawat said...

It pioneered the Fitness Industry in Gurgaon, in the year november 2012, with the aim of setting up International standard facilities and reaching out to diverse. Jovenus Fitness a best Gyms in Gurgaon providing world class facility to the health.

Nutrition Tracker said...

Burn fat, burn calories, and lose weight with Careot

Weight Loss Bros! said...

Good job! 12K steps in one day is really good. You’ve hit the ‘active life style’ when we were only working in IT we would hit about 2700 steps. That wasn’t good!

Jenny Winslet said...

I was pretty pleased to discover this great site. I wanted to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

pure cambogia slim

Kim Ray said...

All thanks to Dr Zadson who helped me loose weight when all effots proved abortive. Am on this blog to help those in need of weight loss get the help you need. Worry no more just contact this great man via eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com and he will help you with a spell, in less than 1 week after i contacted him i lost 15 pounds and ever since i have been having normal meals no more diets and my shape is perfect. What more can i say than a big thank you to DR ZADSON of eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com

Ambia khatun said...


Wonderful advice and I have also one more an Amazing Weight Loss & Health Tips E-Book
Your life can 'Recover'!! you will got the result from this E-Book. That is why I'm sharing with You.
Get this 100% free Weight Loss & Health Tips E-Book, Which will help you to drop the extra fat within 3 weeks. So Download the E-Book......Thanks
Weight Loss
Lose Weight Fast
How To Lose Weight Fast
Weight Loss Tips

Anonymous said...

Nice Website...
Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
its may be very beneficial for you also really

Gaji Hypnoconsult said...

Thanks for your shearing on weight-loss-tips
Virginia hypnosis Bruxism