Lazy Sunday

I may have gotten myself into a pickle with this HOT Chocolate 5k race in March. I thought I was doing pretty good with my walking. I walk at least days a week during my lunch hour. I knew I wasn't really pushing myself very hard, mainly because I'm lazy and it's more about getting a little fresh air and chatting with a girlfriend from work (more chatting than power walking). Yesterday I completed a 3.18 mile outdoor walk and here are my results:


Yikes! There's a minimum of a 15-minute mile walk to even be in this "race". It's called a race, but I have no intention of actually racing anyone. I just want to complete it in 45 minutes. As you can see, my current speed is a 19:29 minute mile.

In addition, my walk at work isn't very hilly, here's the elevation for the HOT Chocolate race. It's not exactly flat in downtown Seattle. I have a lot of work to do to get my speed up. Losing weight will definitely help too.




During my walk yesterday I could see the beautiful Mt. Rainier. It was only 33 degrees, but blue skies and sunshine. It felt so good to be outside, I love outdoor activity versus the gym.




When I got home I had a smoothie with fresh strawberries, spinach, a small banana and Siggi's yogurt, with a bunch of ice and water. I love Siggi's yogurt. It only has 11 grams of sugar and 14 grams of protein.


Today is an outdoor walk even though it's spitting snow and is only 29 degrees. I have to get an oil changed for my car, and I'm going to take that time to walk around the neighborhood. Maybe the gym too if I'm up to it. Although that doesn't sound very appealing right now. 

It's noon and I'm just now getting going. I'm definitely having a lazy Sunday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 2, 2016 update

Best diets for 2016

High hopes for 2016