Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2, 2016 update

Just stopping in with a quick update. I'm down a few pounds from a couple months ago, 14.4 to be exact. I just updated my profile from 227.0 to 212.6.

The weight is coming off slowly. Some weeks I've had a .2 loss, then a couple weeks ago a 4.4 pound loss. It varies a lot, but on the .2 loss weigh-ins it's really a miracle I didn't gain weight.

Exercise:  I'm back at the gym and walking a lot, aiming for the 10,000 steps a day.

Weight loss plan:  I'm attending Weight Watcher meetings with my girlfriend and am sort of following the plan, but actually using My Fitness Pal to track my food. I really don't like the new Weight Watcher plan. I eat mostly what they say to eat, but I track all my calories and nutrients using myfitnesspal, which I highly recommend.

I paid the yearly fee for my fitness pal of $49.95 so I could see the nutrients I'm consuming. It was really eye opening to see how much sugar I was getting from fruit, and the massive amount of protein. Thanks to Weight Watchers drastically lowering the Points on lean protein, I was eating a lot more protein than I should have been eating. Weight Watchers also allows free fruit, with really is stupid. Fruit has calories, you can't eat all you want.

My recent yearly physical came back great, with the exception of arthritic knees. That's the big push for me to lose weight right now, to take the pressure off my knees. One of the joys of being obese and old. The knees can't support this amount of weight forever. They give out and mine are on the verge of needing to be replaced within a few years if I don't drop a significant amount of weight.

Speaking of walking, the sun has finally come out, at 3pm, so I'm heading out for a walk. I'll take a few pictures today so I have something to post tomorrow. I'm really going to try to get back into blogging. At least a few times a week. I really miss it.


6 comments:

MaryFran said...

Congrats on the loss!!!!!

Janet Lewis said...

When I read this story I was reminded of my own fat loss journey.
Through all the ups and downs and the struggle to keep the weight down, I realized one thing...
It's all about mindset, really. You can get results but they don't mean anything unless you can appreciate what is happening.
You see, there is a fundamental mindset switch that needs to take place to truly be successful at fat loss and fitness, for that matter.
For one thing, most workout programs get you off to the wrong start by stimulating the incorrect metabolic effect.
To get the greatest metabolic effect from an exercise, you want to get as many muscles involved.
You can do this the hard way by spending long hours and physically getting as many muscles involved in a given workout or...
Do it the smart way by enhancing the electrical signals to a group of muscles instead. By working on nerve instead of muscle, you actually end up working on multiple muscles at once and on all of each muscle.
I've tried everything and this is the only thing that has produced lasting results with minimal effort.

In fact, this article explains this interesting concept much better than I could...
http://www.journalofnaturalhealth.com/metabolicfatloss

Hope it helps anyone reading this!

Mantis Hugo said...

You are doing well with your healthy lifestyle plan. Those who are concerned about their health can take help from the healthy habits like exercising, juicing, eating healthy etc. This can simply help you all in making things really good for yourself and all.
Regards:
Acai Berry Juice

Arsh Aggarwal said...

Your content is very informative, thanks for posting it....
Zumba Classes in Ludhiana | Weight Loss Centre in Ludhiana

Arsh Aggarwal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyn said...

Hey friend, how's it going? Hope all is well!

AHA - Aware Halt Action

Weight this morning:  171.6  Weight Jan. 1, 2017:  222.0 Weight lost this year: 50.4 Goal: 155 I listen to a lot of weight loss podcast...