Hello 2017 - an Update of my life
1. I'm 61 1/2 years old - the 1/2 is important because retirement is in my future!
2. I've spent years of yo-yo dieting, going from 135 up to 240, and losing and gaining hundreds of pounds. I've been very successful at times, but I always gain the weight back. In the past three years I've manage to get close to my highest weight of 240. I'm currently at 222 pounds. The last time I was near my goal weight was in 2009 - 155 pounds. Not good!
3. I've been divorced for three years after a 26-year marriage, which was miserable from the start. I'm so happy to be out of that mess. I'm currently in a wonderful, stable and healthy relationship with a really good man, Charles (who is 6' and weighs 165 pounds). He never comments on my weight and says I'm beautiful no matter what the scale says (yes, he's a keeper!).
4. I work for a large airline as a computer programmer. I've been with this company for 33+ years. I've been in IT for the past 17 years. I sometimes love my job and sometimes hate it. It's a really good company and it has paid my bills for a long time, but after 17 years in IT I think maybe I went the down the wrong path. It changes continually and quickly, and as I age, it has become more difficult to keep up.
5. I don't have any children, just one sweet, angelic kitty. She's 14 but don't tell her, she thinks she still a kitten.
6. People always ask my hobbies, and things I used to do don't really apply anymore. In the past 10 years when I was at a lower weight (even at 190), I was into active things like hiking and biking. As the the weight has crept up, my activity level has decreased. Now I'm more into reading. My last book that I finished last week was TheBazaar of Bad Dreams, by Stephen King. It's a series of his short stories. I haven't read anything of Stephen King for years, but I loved this one. A really quick read even though it was almost 700 pages. I'm currently reading two other books, My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and Trouble Maker by Leah Remini. Both great books, but both are sort of sad. My hope is to lose some weight and get moving again. I don't like a sedentary lifestyle.
This post is already too long, so I'll go into the details of my latest weight loss endeavor in my next post. I just started it yesterday, but I already have an opinion about it. Please stay tuned for the latest chapter in my weight loss challenges.