Saturday, October 21, 2017
Update October 2017
I've decided instead of my usual long, drawn-out posted, to just post something quick. Fast and easy to read, not a ton of detail. Maybe that way I can write a little something more often.
Things are going great. Last weekend I was down to my lowest weight since 2009 when I got to 152 and quit. I'm 163.6. That is 8.6 pounds from the Weight Watcher goal of 155. I'd like to weigh less, but have decided 155 would probably be a good choice for me. Not skinny, but healthy. Plus I think I can pretty easily maintain that weight versus the 135 that's been my elusive goal for as long as I can remember. Hence my bog name of diana135.
What's working for me:
1. MyFitnessPal - love this app for tracking my food. Even though I go to Weight Watchers, I don't use their app. I eat calories not SmartPoints. That way I get more food. MORE is better!
2. Motifit ,now called AppFit - best exercise app ever! Great music and you have a coach guiding you along. Huge incentive and fun.
3. Working towards my 2017 marathon - the Fairbanks, Alaska Equinox Marathon. I'm doing it!
4. Gracie's Journey on youtube - love this girl! Check her out. She went from 240 to 135. No surgery just diet and exercise. She's really inspirational.
What's not working:
1. Not getting to the gym except once during the week and once on the weekend. Not cool.
2. Not walking at lunch every day because it's pouring down rain. Super not cool.
3. The rain. Dear God, please make it stop! Rain and the darkness in the Pacific Northwest sucks! #Icantwaitforsummer!
Goals this week:
Increase my exercise. Gym. Home treadmill. Walk in the rain.
Easy peasy, right?
On September 15, 2018 I completed a full marathon, 26.2 miles! I did it, and I'm 63 years old. It was the Fairbanks Equinox Marathon in ...
Best thing that happened to me today - I made a ponytail with one hand! With a special ponytail thing I found in a drawer and with the help ...
I've noticed I've been writing posts, usually at least once a week, and never publishing them. I'll write a post, re-read it, an...
After decades of battling my weight, I've finally come to peace with the fact that this journey to maintain good health never ends. I al...